European Technology & Innovation Platforms (ETIPs) have been created by the European Commission in the framework of the new Integrated Roadmap Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) by bringing together a multitude of stakeholders and experts from the energy sector.
The ETIP Smart Networks for Energy Transition (SNET) role is to guide Research, Development & Innovation (RD&I) to support Europe’s energy transition, more specifically, its mission is to:
- Set-out a vision for RD&I for Smart Networks for Energy Transition and engage stakeholders in this vision.
- Prepare and update the Strategic Research and Innovation Roadmap.
- Report on the implementation of RD&I activities at European, national/regional and industrial levels.
- Provide input to the SET Plan action 4 which addresses the technical challenges raised by the transformation of the energy system.
- Identify innovation barriers, notably related to regulation and financing.
- Develop enhanced knowledge-sharing mechanisms that help bring RD&I results to deployment.
- Prepare consolidated stakeholder views on Research and Innovation to European Energy Policy initiatives.