Created by the European Commission, the European Technology Innovation Platform Smart Networks for Energy Transition (ETIP SNET) brings together a multitude of stakeholders and experts from the energy sector with the aim to guide Research & Innovation (R&I) to support Europe’s energy transition towards a low carbon neutral energy.
The ETIP SNET will support the delivery of a R&I roadmap that will enable the EU to deliver on its 2050 and the intermediate 2030 climate & energy targets.
- Set-out a vision for research and innovation for Smart Networks for Energy Transition (SNET) and engage stakeholders in this vision;
- Prepare and update the Vision, Roadmaps, Implementation Plans and Strategic Research and Innovation Agendas;
- Provide input to the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan);
- Identify innovation barriers, notably related to regulation and financing;
- Develop knowledge-sharing mechanisms that help bringing R&I results to deployment;
- Prepare consolidated stakeholder views on R&I to European Energy Policy initiatives;
- Ensure the stakeholder community receives proper feedback;
- Coordinate with other Initiatives at National (Members States), European and International level.